Not recording

H.S.Rai hardeep.rai at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:54:00 UTC 2007

On HP Compaq Desktop machine, sound recording was working o.k. with
Ubuntu Dapar. I installed (not upgraded) Ubuntu Feisty. It shows two
devices HDA Intel (Alsa Mixer) and Realtek ALC883 (OSS Mixer). I tried
both, with all setting, using front mic, head phone enabled. On
recoding, it shows recording, but on playing, it does not do any
thing. During recording, time increases, but during play, no progress
is shown. On trying to save recorded file, it says:

  Could not save the file "Invalid parameter".

How can I solve this problem?

--
H.S.Rai