Feisty - problem seeing a new version of a package

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Mon Jun 25 04:33:29 UTC 2007

Loïc Martin spake thusly:
> Hi,
>
> A new version of libxvidcore4 should have arrived in Feisty's universe
> repository last week - it was a SRU.
>
> However, I can't seem to find it, either with synaptic or on
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/feisty/libs/libxvidcore4
>
> The new version has a version number 2:1.1.2-0.1ubuntu1.1 and be roughly
> a 204 ko download, whereas the old version was 2:1.1.2-0.1ubuntu1 and a
> 177 ko size.
>
> Has anybody seen the new version, and what could be the problem on my side?

libxvidcore4 is a Multiverse package. It's not in Universe. If by "SRU",
you mean "security-related update", then that's wny updated version
might not be there.

Ubuntu doesn't technically offer support on Multiverse/Universe
packages. They often do upgrade them for security reasons but they state
that they don't have to.

On the other hand, I note you indicate what the new version number
supposedly is. Where did you get this information?

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com