Minimal Backup of /home?

Thilo Six T.Six at gmx.de
Sun Jun 24 06:42:05 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote the following on 24.06.2007 08:33

>>> If
>>> you want to know the default files for /home, you can try creating a new
>>> user and checking it's /home directory
>> <snip>
>> for a default U[K]buntu that would be:
>>
>> $ls -a /etc/skel/
>> .bash_logout  .bashrc  Examples  .profile
>>

> Might also want .kde (or GNOME equivalent).
>
> Matt Flaschen

The question had been "want to know the default files for /home".

.kde and the .g-stuff will be created (dynamical) during loging anyway.

But appart from that. I think your explanation with the read only home is the
cause of OT´s problems, cause you do not need any file in home to login.
all files that needs to be their will be created also dynamical e.g.:
.ICEauthority
.Xauthority
.DCOPserver*
.dmrc