mouse actions in console tty1

Cedric cedric.dewijs at tiscali.nl
Sun Jun 24 05:35:35 UTC 2007

On Sunday 24 June 2007, Peter Garrett wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:36:01 -0700
>
> Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net> wrote:
> > How do I get my logiech usb 1.1 mouse to allow actions at the tty1
> > console. I used to be able to select text  with my mouse in the concole
> > with Centos but have not been able to do that with ubuntu feisty fawn. I
> > would appreciate you help.
>
> Install the "gpm" package -
>
> From "apt-cache show gpm" :
>
>  General Purpose Mouse Interface
>  This package provides a daemon that captures mouse events when the system
>  console is active, and delivers events to applications through a library.
>  .
>  The default when no application is running is to emulate "selection", that
>  is, to allow cut-and-paste with the mouse on the console the same way as
>  it is done under X.
>
> It is in the "universe" repository.
>
> Peter

Thank you for the hint, it works perfectly here. It's however only working
from one console to the next. Does anybody know what has to be done in order
to make it possible to select text in the console (ctrl-alt-F1), and then
paste it into a console running in X(ctrl-alt-F7)?

Best regards,
Cedric

--
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask