mouse actions in console tty1

Peter Garrett peter.garrett at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 24 01:16:36 UTC 2007

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:36:01 -0700
Richard E Miles <r.godzilla at comcast.net> wrote:

> How do I get my logiech usb 1.1 mouse to allow actions at the tty1 console. I used to be able to select text  with my mouse in the concole with Centos but have not been able to do that with ubuntu feisty fawn. I would appreciate you help.

Install the "gpm" package -

>From "apt-cache show gpm" :

 General Purpose Mouse Interface
 This package provides a daemon that captures mouse events when the system
 console is active, and delivers events to applications through a library.
 .
 The default when no application is running is to emulate "selection", that
 is, to allow cut-and-paste with the mouse on the console the same way as
 it is done under X.

It is in the "universe" repository.

Peter