About package managers and depends & suggests

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Fri Jun 22 21:46:46 UTC 2007

Using Feisty Fawn Kubuntu.

I use the following package managers:
   apt-get		to install packages
   aptitude -vv show	to check about an uninstalled package
   synaptic		when I want a gui - infrequent
   adept			don't use it because of unreliability.

Which of the above automatically installs depends and suggests?
Which do not or require some command line options?

I've read the man pages but do not clearly understand how depends and
suggests are handled.

Normally I just 'apt-get install' but gnumeric seems a lot more
complicated than most and I'm nervous about hurting my nicely
functioning system.

Larry

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Linux