Scripting Apt-Get (pop-up screens, e.g. with kernel updates)

(``-_-´´) -- Fernando Ubuntu at BUGabundo.net
Wed Jun 20 16:34:52 UTC 2007

Because neither of those applications handles that.
Its the update-manager.
just go to it options and tell it not to notify you

On 6/20/07, Michael Matthews <erobererunc at gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there's an easy way to get around
> the pop-up configuration screens that occur when doing some updates.  One
> example of this is with a kernel update.  It appears that the kernel update
> wants to inform you that you should reboot soon, and unfortunately the
> colorful blue and red screen cannot be circumvented with the usual way.  I
> tried this:
>
> > apt-get -y update
> > apt-get -y upgrade -or- apt-get -y --force-yes upgrade
>
> Neither of these work.  It seems like I might be able to get around this
> screen by manipulating either some apt-get configuration, or some dpkg
> configurations, but I'm completely unaware of where this information may be
> held.
>
> Thanks for any help!

BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)
GPG key 1024D/00967685
Linux user #443786
The body of this email is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0

http://BUGabundo.net
http://BrinKadeiraS.BUGabundo.net

http://host.BUGabundo.net  --  http://alojamento.BUGabundo.net
>From 1€ / month

Crazy Domain Insane (200GB disk, 2TB bw, 6.00€ ($7.95)/month)

at http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?249195/signup
50$ discount with promo code "BUG50" on all plans
Free lifetime domain with promo code "BUGDOMAIN"