Browsers Availability?

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 20 03:52:55 UTC 2007

> On 06/18/2007 11:46 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>

> > I'll load up kunbutu tomorrow and see if I can
> figure out anything else.
> > Sorry, I initially thought that you were running
> gnome and already had
> > the glib/gtk's installed. One way or another we'll
> get it installed :-)
> >
> > Well, thanks for staying.  Do appreciate that very
> much.  Will look for you for you response.
> >

> sudo apt-get install libstdc++5 libgtk2.0-0
> libglib2.0-0
>
> should do it.

All the above were already installed since I first
installled libstdc++5.  The errors still occurred and
you probably wont believe what I had to do to install
Seamonkey.  Yes, it's installed now but not setup.
Used a tip from the MozillaZine Seamonkey Support
forum-see below.

> Alternately, you can do the entire installation via
> a script:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SeaMonkey
> refs:

This entriques me. But I tried to download the script
file twice and it doesn't show on my desktop using
seamonkey or swiftfox.  I downloaded
ubuntuzilla_4.0.2.py which appeared to complete but
the download manager never poped up as it usually
does.  Very strange. Either another bug(filed 2 today
against KDE, kmenuedit and System Settings) or
something different about site's download methodology.

<http://pykeylogger.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Ubuntuzilla#Install_Official_Mozilla_Build_of_Seamonkey>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2774887
> <quote>
>  Originally Posted by garrencornelius  View Post
> I ran the script just now, and everything worked
> wonderfully. The icon
> showed up in K Menu under Internet, as I'm using
> Kubuntu 7.04. Thank you
> very much for the script. I was having trouble
> compiling everything a
> few weeks ago, and just decided to see if anyone had
> posted an easier
> solution.
> </quote>

Ok, this is what I did to get seamonkey-installer to
work: Boot up in recovery mode and log in as root. Did
an xinit. cded to $HOME/seamonkey/seamonkey-installer
in the little X-window that comes up. Typed in
./seamonkey-installer and it started off just fine.
Now, never in my short life with linux have I ever
installed any type of program this way. And I don't
think you would have expected the installer to work
this way. I wouldn't recommend any user to install
Seamonkey this was but, it worked for me.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net