Openswan patch won't apply

Rick Knight rick_knight at rlknight.com
Wed Jun 20 02:12:13 UTC 2007

Has anyone been able to successfully apply the Openswan patch,
kernel-patch-openswan-2.4.6+dfsg-2.1-1 or install the openswan modules,
openswan-modules-source-2.4.6+dfsg-2.1-1on Kubuntu or Ubuntu Feist Fawn,
Kernel 2.6.20? I need to apply the patch because I need NAT-t, but the
patch just won't apply for me. I have Kubuntu Feisty Fawn running on a
pretty clean system.

When I try to apply the patch according to the docs in
/usr/share/doc/openswan-modules-source/README.Debian.gz the patch fails
with an error regarding a missing Kconfig. When I examine the output I
can see that most of the patch just didn't apply correctly.

When I try to install the modules, I get build errors regarding a
missing linux/config.h. That file is missing from the linux headers now
so I've tried to fool the build by touching config.h in the proper
directory but the modules still won't build.

I've attached logs of both the module and patch errors. Maybe someone
here can tell me what to fix or what I've done wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Rick Knight