Skype 1.4.0.74-1 and Dapper

Darryl LeCount darryl at jamyskis.net
Tue Jun 19 05:03:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 17:32 +0200, Patrick Drechsler wrote:

> Well, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next version of Skype.

As it stands, Skype 1.4 isn't worth bothering with anyway. The interface
does indeed look a lot better, but the old issues with the sound devices
have cropped up and some common options (such as automatically setting
to away when you're absent after so many minutes) have been inexplicably
blended out.

As someone else said, it's a beta, but it is to date one of the worst
versions of Skype released for Linux. My advice would be to stick with
1.3. It does the same thing and 1.4 doesn't have any new features worth
screaming about.

Darryl

--
Darryl LeCount
www.jamyskis.net
darryl at jamyskis.net

PGP Key: 1E94A0F1
To confirm the authenticity of this mail, add this key to your PGP keyring.
Um den Ursprung dieses E-Mails zu bestätigen, bitte diesen Schüssel in Ihren PGP-Schlüsselbund einfügen.
Pour vérifier l'authenticité de ce courriel, ajoutez ce clé à votre porte-clés PGP.