GNOME and Edgy help please

Davide Corio davide.corio at redomino.com
Fri Jun 15 15:10:45 UTC 2007

Il giorno ven, 15/06/2007 alle 07.44 -0700, Ray Paradise ha scritto:

> If I log in as "root" the GNOME interface in the "system -
> administration" menu gives me a limited number of choices (8 only) and
> does not list "Users and Groups" for example. When I go to "System -
> Preferences - Menu layout" it won't allow me to add "users and
> groups." That seems odd...is there a way to fix this?
>
> If I log in as the initial user ("joe"), he can see "users and groups"
> in the menu but when prompted for his password - access is rejected.
>
> I believe the problem began when I changed the name of the computer -
> I can't recall why I did that...

You must not use gnome as root.

which password do you use for "users and groups"?
You have to use the same password used for the initial user (if it's in
the "admin" group)

--
Davide Corio                                davide.corio<at>redomino.com
Redomino S.r.l.                 Largo Valgioie 14 - 10146 Torino - Italy