Centralized Address App

Scott (angrykeyboarder) geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com
Fri Jun 15 02:50:00 UTC 2007

Freddie Ruddick spake thusly on 06/14/2007 05:18 PM:
> On Thu, 2007-06-14 at 17:49 -0500, Wade Smart wrote:
>> Is there a centralized address app that I can use on Ubuntu?
>
> Not that I know of. However, there is a way to prevent you losing them
> when you switch. Just about every PIM/Email client supports vCards for
> contacts. Whenever I want to change clients, I export the address book
> as a vCard (On Evolution, this is File/Save Calendar as VCard), then
> import the vcard into the new program when I first run it.

I've seen some but not that many. But I've yet to find one that didn't
export/import via comma separated or tab delimited text files (of course
importing such files is usually difficult to say the least).

But back to vCards, my beloved Mozilla Thunderbird doesn't export vcard
files, just comma separated, tab delimited text, LDIF.

--
            Scott
http://angrykeyboarder.com