You got me all wrong! ; -) => Re: Simple programming

Jacob Walch jacobw at techie.com
Thu Jun 14 17:07:14 UTC 2007

I have to second all of the recommendations to use Python.
I'm really just beginning to learn the language myself,
but I'm already beginning to be as proficient in it than
I am at Perl.  Python just seems to be a lot better designed.

I never did really figure out how to do object oriented
programming in Perl, and even writing functions (subroutines)
in Perl is a lot more painful than it is in Python.

I've also dabbled in other languages such as C, C++, Tcl/Tk,
BASIC, Visual Basic, and Java, but none are as elegant and easy
to use as Python, in my opinion.  I've also heard that Ruby is
a good language, but I've never actually tried it.

Try not to get too overwhelmed with the large list of options
presented.  Choose Python and I think you'll be happy.

Jacob

--
Get a Free E-mail Account at Mail.com!
Choose From 100+ Personalized Domains