DOS in LINUX

debiani386 debiani386 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 04:36:28 UTC 2007

Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> Qiuli Han wrote:
>
>> how about VMware?
>>

> He could use a virtual machine, but wine may work fine if it's just a
> simple dos program.
>
> Matt Flaschen

ive had some problems with using wine with dos software. Often times,
the software doesnt even run. I executed wine from the console and ran a
DOS program via Winefile (because it was a long directory name and i
didnt feel like typing it out) and when i go to load the dos program, it
tells me that its unprotecting the memory, then it stops. I can run
windows programs after trying to run dos stuff, but i cant seem to run
any dos stuff with wine.

As you said, matt, the wine API is incomplete, but i tried running some
text-based dos stuff on wine, and it didnt work, like i said, it wouldnt
execute.
--cj