Sharing Bookmarks etc between 2 OS's

Ed Smits ed.smits at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:09:19 UTC 2007

I copied my .mozilla folder to my home directory on both OS's to make
sure all plugins etc were identical, then copied only my profile
folder to the shared folder in /home, then edited the ini file as
follows

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=0     (this is 1 by default)
Path=/home/shared/el9uwyg6.default

then I renamed the profile in both real home directories so that I
could be sure they weren't being used. Started Firefox, works fine on
either OS. My only concern is that /home/shared is wide open to
anyone, but until I understand permissions better I'll live with it as
I'm the only user of the laptop and it's not being used on a LAN at
present, just at home behind a router firewall.

ED