beryl & ati x1600

Luca Ferrari fluca1978 at infinito.it
Mon Jun 11 14:43:44 UTC 2007

On Monday 11 June 2007 Paul S's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> Your beryl error messages suggest you need to start Xgl before starting
> beryl.  Remember, ATI X1--- do not support AIGLX, so Xgl must be run.
> Check out the wiki.ubuntu.com and search for Xgl to get the howto.

Thanks, having enabled the xgl server now beryl works. The only two things I
didn't find are:
1) the cube rotation among desktop seems to be disabled, but I read on
Internet that it does not work with feisty, is it true?
2) it seems beryl catches all ALT_GR keys so I'm unable to use the modifier to
print some special symbols (like @ on my italian keyboard). Any idea about?

Thanks,
Luca