Why does OpenOffice.org suck worse than MS Office?

Darryl LeCount darryl at jamyskis.net
Mon Jun 11 07:35:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 03:07 -0400, Matthew Flaschen wrote:

> I don't really need to know right now, but how do you do this?

Disclaimer: As I say, I never used Impress before version 2.2 as I had
no need for it at home, so I'm not sure if this possible on earlier
versions.

Somebody said that playing sounds needs the Java Media Framework and
that the Ubuntu version is already fitted up for this. I'm not sure if
this is right, but here's the rundown:

1. Set up a new presentation
2. Click on the "Insert" menu and select "video and sound".
3. Select whichever media file you wish to insert.
4. Place it wherever.
5. Press F5 to start the slideshow.

Fairly standard, not to mention identical to the same procedure in
Powerpoint, so I'm not sure what kind of problem the OP was
experiencing. Perhaps Java needs  to be installed? I never configured
Oo.o to do anything special.

Darryl

--
Darryl LeCount
www.jamyskis.net
darryl at jamyskis.net

PGP Key: 1E94A0F1
To confirm the authenticity of this mail, add this key to your PGP
keyring.
Um den Ursprung dieses E-Mails zu bestätigen, bitte diesen Schüssel in
Ihren PGP-Schlüsselbund einfügen.
Pour vérifier l'authenticité de ce courriel, ajoutez ce clé à votre
porte-clés PGP.