Sharing Bookmarks etc between 2 OS's

Ed Smits ed.smits at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 01:18:53 UTC 2007

Thanks for the input Jeremy, but maybe I didn't state my scenario
properly - this is on a laptop, so no remote NFS share would work when
off the network, and I will only be running one OS at a time, either
Feisty (usually), occasionally FC7.

Mozilla isn't a big deal, I could always copy the .mozilla directory
across on a regular basis and set the appropriate
permissions/ownership, it is less than 50 MB in size, NBD, however
there is also the matter of the 16+ GB VMWare images, I don't mind
having 50 MB duplicated, but not loose 16GB as a duplicate copy. I
know that VMWAre allows you to store your images in a different
location, so that may be the solution for that - create a VMWare
directory in the shared /home partition, move the images there, but
can I set it up so that anyone can read/write to it, ie from either
OS? That doesn't seem to be a very secure solution, however since no
one else has console access to the laptop it shouldn't be a problem.

However - isn't there a better, more aesthetic/elegant solution to
what I want to do?

ED