Sharing Bookmarks etc between 2 OS's

Ed Smits ed.smits at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 00:25:43 UTC 2007

I'm trying to set up my new laptop so that it runs Feisty by default
with an option to boot to FC7. I've managed to get both OS's installed
, each has it's own 20GB / partition (reiserfs for Ubuntu, ext3 for
FC7) and they share an 80 GB /home partition (reiserfs), I can boot
between them no problem, GRUB handles it fine.

At present I have 2 user home directories, one for each OS, but would
ultimately like to have just one home directory used from both OS's,
so that my bookmarks etc don't get out of sync. I also have a 16 GB
VMWare directory in my home folder that I would like to be able to
access from either OS. Is there any way to do this? I tried fooling
around with permissions but managed to screw things up pretty badly, I
assume there must be some better way to do this, I can't be the first
to want this solution.

Hope you can help

ED