Triple boot laptop

debiani386 debiani386 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:09:36 UTC 2007

sportking1 at comcast.net wrote:
> I would do, if possible, 25 for XP/LInux and 40 for Vista
> with all the garbage they make you install, 20 GB isn't going to let you have room for any big programs like Flight Sim X or photoshop. I tried myself to install vista on a 30GB drive from my old computer and i filled it in a matter of weeks.
>
> --
> Sincerly,
> David Bruk

> From: "Matthew Clarke" <mj3clark at gmail.com>
>
>> I do 10GB for XP and Ubuntu.  And I've heard that 20GB is suitable for
>> Vista.
>>
>> Of course all my data is on a separate partition.  (FAT32)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> MC
>>
>> On 6/2/07, Pete Holsberg <pjh42 at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm on the verge of buying a Windows Vista laptop but would like to be
>>> able to boot to Win XP and Linux.
>>>
>>> What partition sizes do you think would be reasonable?
>>>

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Matthew Clarke

> Re: Triple boot laptop
> From:
> "Matthew Clarke" <mj3clark at gmail.com>
> Date:
> Mon, 4 Jun 2007 01:32:14 +0000
> To:
> "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>
> To:
> "Ubuntu user technical support, not for general discussions"
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com>
>

> I do 10GB for XP and Ubuntu.  And I've heard that 20GB is suitable for
> Vista.
>
> Of course all my data is on a separate partition.  (FAT32)
>
> Cheers,
> MC
>
> On 6/2/07, * Pete Holsberg* <pjh42 at pobox.com <mailto:pjh42 at pobox.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     I'm on the verge of buying a Windows Vista laptop but would like to be
>     able to boot to Win XP and Linux.
>
>     What partition sizes do you think would be reasonable?
>

>     --

> Matthew Clarke
i just got tired of having to mess around with all these little
partitions i would end up having when i setup multiple partitions on
ubuntu, so i just assigned 108gig for ubuntu and 2 gig for swap and
called it good :)

but for optimal performance, i recommend atleast 10 gig for ubuntu (and
what other programs you may install) and 2 gig for swap
--cj