Restarting USB?

Dave M DaveM at Mich.Com
Sat Jun 9 11:45:34 UTC 2007

I am using ubuntu v6.06. I have not re-booted in three weeks. After a
couple of weeks the USB support quit working. No USB printer or USB disks.
This seems to be a repeatable problem. After a week or two my system
performance begins to degrade and the USB support quits working. If I
re-boot the problems go away. I dont know enough about how USB devices are
handled to know how to approach this. Is there a way to restart USB support
without having to re-boot?

Dave M
Davem (at) Mich (dot) Com
Ann Arbor, Mich. USA

Protect your digital rights: http://www.eff.org
"The 'Analog Holes' they want to stop up are our eyes, ears and mouths."