how long will i get free CDs from Ubuntu?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Jun 9 10:39:09 UTC 2007

"丁昱" <ding.yu.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am in China,and I have downloaded ubuntu 7.04 for more than three
> times.However, when i burned the iso file into cd,it did not
> work. First,I doubt it is cause of my combo driver.But,when i used MD5
> check software,i found it is because the error rate of transfering
> bits.ISO file

Hi,

I have downloaded countless ISO files since the beginnings of Ubuntu
2.5 years ago... never got a corrupted ISO.
You must have a really horrible net infrastructure to get THAT much
problems :-(

One thing I could suggest so, is to download the ISO image using
Bittorrent, because I hear (someone please confirm or infirm), that the
Bittorrent process inherently verifies the file's integrity during the
download. So when it gives you the completed file, it basically means
it is not corrupt.

> wouldn't work if any bit is wrongly changed when
> transferring.I have requested free cds from ubuntu.How long will it
> take for me to receive it?

As stated on the shipit website IIRC, it will take 4 to 6 weeks.
Mine arrived after only 3 weeks, but other times I had to wait 2
months, and for Breezy... I actually never received them !

--
Vince