Simple "About this computer" utility?

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Fri Jun 8 23:39:09 UTC 2007

On 06/08/2007 07:48 AM, David Stubblebine wrote:
> Is there a simple "about this computer" utility for ubuntu that shows
> processor speed, RAM installed, serial number, etc?  Kinda like "About
> this Mac" on Macs or Belarc Advisor on Windows?
>
> I've tried "Hardware Information" but it just doesn't show very much
> or the detail is blank.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> David Stubblebine
> Norwalk, OH

sudo apt-get install hardinfo

It's in the universe repo. Following install, go to:
Applications|System Tools|Hardinfo

Hardinfo includes summary, processor, operating system, languages,
sensors, filesystems, shared directories, display, network interfaces,
users, devices, and benchmarks. Plus you can generate a report for
computer, devices, and benchmarks.