filing system

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Jun 8 14:50:42 UTC 2007

Steve Flynn wrote:
> On 08/06/07, *Rick* <cms0009 at gmail.com <mailto:cms0009 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     it would be nice, if ubuntu would adapt this: 128-bit Zettabyte File
>     System,
>     appears, that Apple is using going to use OpenSource (Open Solaris),
>     filing
>     system in there next major operating system release.
>

> It's going to use ZFS?
>
> Have you got a cite?

only took a few minutes with Google to filter out all the stuff from 2006

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/07/apple_using_zfs_in_leopard/

it's a pity that Linux probably won't see ZFS quite so quickly.  Yes there is a
user space filesystem port in beta but it's missing a significant amount the ZFS
package.  although I suspect with a good amount of money, that problem could be
fixed.