GLX Problem

Jim Smith jim at oz.net
Fri Jun 8 04:30:54 UTC 2007

Shawn McCuan wrote:
> If you run:
> $ glxinfo | grep direct
> It will tell you if direct rendering is on/off.
>
> If you just run:
> $ glxinfo
> It will give you all sorts of GLX related info.
>
> Have you checked the Xorg logs for any possible errors?
> System>Administration>System Log>Xorg.X.log
>

> On Thu, 2007-06-07 at 19:50 -0700, Jim Smith wrote:
>
>> I have a pesky problem in that this laptop does not seem to be loading
>> "GLX" even though xorg.conf (attached) says that it is. I am apparently
>> using the correct driver for the Intel Express Graphics chipset, i.e.
>> i810. Hardinfo reports that the Open GL system renderer is "unknown".
>> Thus no GLX no 3d effects. Is there any more information I can attach?

I did that but apparently am not "geeky" enough to understand what
exactly I am seeing. I did notice one thing though, I saw references to
nVidia and possibly ATI drivers. This chipset uses the i810 driver. (The
system was upgraded from Dapper) Would there be a conflict? Glxinfo just
shows a bunch of errors and a core dump. I attached  the output anyway.

Thank you

Jim