4 times no match md5sum Xubuntu Alternate CD

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Thu Jun 7 22:39:18 UTC 2007

On 06/07/2007 07:53 AM, ac wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>> Hey guys... I've downloaded the Xubuntu Alternate CD like 4 time
>> and before I burn it to CD I'm trying to confirm the checksum..all
>> four downloads md5sum's are different. This is a line from where
>> I'm downloading from...if you scroll down on that page there is
>> md5sum info there also.  I'm downloading the i386 Xubuntu Alt. CD.
>> Does anybody else have this down that can confirm if the md5sum
>> matches what it's supposed to be....ever?!
>>
>> http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/feisty/release/
>>

>> I really need this Alt Cd becuase the Desktop CD of Xubuntu will
>> not load (because of the Live portion) on an old 633Mhz (intel810
>> chipset) PC.  I just installed the Alt version cd of Kubuntu and it
>> was no problem....except this PC's resources are low.....so I would
>> rather try Xubuntu...How is this pronounced anyway?  Is it
>> "Zoo-Boon-too"?
>
> I have recently downloaded xubuntu alternate, the md5 checked ok, and
>  the burned image CD was used to install an old toshiba tecra laptop
> OK at a club meeting in uk recently. The md5 sum I used then was
> d38e78d8a8b6e8e43ded19cdaa2d0361 *xubuntu-7.04-alternate-i386.iso
> This checked out ok.

[snip]

I get the same:
d38e78d8a8b6e8e43ded19cdaa2d0361 xubuntu-7.04-alternate-i386.iso
[took forever to dl from that server... even on a solid DSL line]

For the OP/Chris: what are you using for your download agent? You might
try from a mirror site, and I'd recommend you use ftp if you are having
md5sum errors:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download
  http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors

example:

http://ftp.cw.net/xubuntu/releases/feisty/
http://kde.mirrors.tds.net/pub/linux/ftp.ubuntu.com/cdimage/xubuntu/releases/feisty/release/

For ftp, use gFTP and username anonymous (no password)
	ftp.cw.net/xubuntu/releases/feisty/
	kde.mirrors.tds.net/pub/
etc.