Iomega NAS Box

Lea Gris lea.gris at noiraude.net
Thu Jun 7 10:17:02 UTC 2007

Ryan Nichols a écrit :
> Says its only for root root.. how can i change that?
>
> the iomega people said i had to use smbfs, that the cifs would be ok?
> the box is used on the windows too..
>
> Ryan Nichols

CIFS is more up to date about its aility to manage access rights and
specifically access lists.

What you want to know is how users are managed.

If you use the NAS as your LNA authentification base (Aka Active
Directory or alike, You may configure Ubuntu to identify user account
from the NAS box, so users can mount directory as authenticated and have
proper access rights and owning.

If the NAS is not your user base for authentification, you will have to
choos for which user and access rights mounting a directory tree.
Especially extending access rights to group writeable or to a specific user.

--
     Léa Gris - http://www.noiraude.net/
()   Campagne du ruban texte brut contre les courriels en HTML,