ebook reader ?

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu Jun 7 01:53:18 UTC 2007

dave selby wrote:
> On 07/06/07, Matthew Flaschen <matthew.flaschen at gatech.edu> wrote:
>> dave selby wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> anyone know of any ebook reader software for ubuntu ?
>> KPDF?  Other than that, no.
>>

> Unfortunately kpdf does not cut it. Needs to be a proper ebook reader

Define proper e-book reader?  There is, to my knowledge, no ebook
standard, so which 'e-books' are you trying to read?  That being said,
if you bought an 'e-book' from anyone besides Bean or O-Reilly, and it's
not a pdf, then your probably out of luck, though there are utilities to
convert unencrypted files of various types (Palm and another, if I
remeber) into plain text.