Opinions learning Ubuntu/Kubuntu

Robert Spanjaard spamtrap at arumes.com
Wed Jun 6 07:57:58 UTC 2007

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 17:06:51 -0400, Chris wrote:

> Hello all,
>         I'm getting really frustrated.  I'm very new to Ubuntu/Kubuntu
>         and I'm
>         trying to find the most efficient way to learn one of them. I'm
>         a KDE
>         fan but the documentation of Kubuntu doesn't seem nearly as
>         available as
>         Ubuntu, so I guess I'll learn Ubuntu first.
>
>         I purchased the book by William von Hagen called "Ubuntu Linux
>         the
>         Bible" to see if I could start to grasp the concept of all that
>         is
>         Linux.  I just came from a 9 month attempt on Open/Enterprise
>         SuSE
>         Linux...but found that Ubuntu seems to have a better handle on
>         what
>         desktop user and systems admins want in a Linux systems...so
>         here I am.
>
>         How did all of you learn Linux/Unburnt to the point where it's
>         like
>         breathing?

You could try something like "Beginning Unix" from Wrox:

http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/productCd-0764579940.html

But don't expect to master a new OS within 9 months. It'll probably take a
couple of years. But once you've mastered it, you'll have a kind of
control over your system Windows-users can only dream of. :-)

--
Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com