Oo on 7.04

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Tue Jun 5 21:47:52 UTC 2007

On 06/05/2007 02:11 PM, JD wrote:
> This is the 3rd box I've installed 7.04 to, and the first I've seen this
> problem.  Whenever I open a M$ office document (so far it's happened in both
> Excel and Word), I get a dialog from Oo that it needs to recover the
> document, even if it is a document that I either just got from the server at
> work, or just received in email.  When I select a document to recover, it
> tells me that "Open Office encountered a problem" and begins the process
> again.  I've tried this with documents from several sources, and it happens
> 100% of the time... Anyone else seen this???
> My laptop (Dell 820) is up to date with Ubu sources as of this morning, and
> I didn't notice any updates for Oo...
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Recovery.xcu may have gotten corrupted. This could have been caused by a
crash, powerdown, etc. Delete:

~/.openoffice.org2/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Recovery.xcu

Note: this will reset your autosave to it's default of 15 minutes. You
can change this to some other value by:
Tools|Options|Load/Save|General|Save