Starting applications at boot

sktsee sktsee at tulsaconnect.com
Tue Jun 5 19:52:44 UTC 2007

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 14:35:57 -0400, Dick Dowdell wrote:

> No, I didn't install them as packages.  I got apache-tomcat directly from
> tomcat.apache.org and I am not using Apache HTTPD.  The installation package
> must be setting up the proper files in the boot sequence.  Anyone know what
> they are?
>
> Thanks,
> Dick

If you want to see how Ubuntu's tomcat version is installed, download the
tomcat5 deb package for Dapper (tomcat5.5 for Feisty) from
http://packages.ubuntu.com. Then use dpkg-deb or another program
that can browse deb archives like mc (or its gui equivalent
gnome-commander) to view and extract the pertinent files. Browsing though
/etc/init.d/tomcat5, /etc/default/tomcat5 and the postinst script should
give you enough information on how to configure tomcat to start up as a
service during boot time.

--
sktsee