In the spirit of learning Linux, especially (but not just) Ubuntu...

JD jdangler at atlantic.net
Tue Jun 5 05:46:06 UTC 2007

I do most of my command stacking from gentoo, but here are a few I use all
the time there...

Lynx (or links) - commandline web browser
Mutt or pine - email client
Screen
Aptitude (commandline version of synaptic)

The rest I just use linux commands for...
Cron/at
Ls
Lspci
Lsmod
Ifconfig
Iwconfig
Vi
Diff
Grep
Cat
File
Ps
Bmon (if you want to see your bandwidth usage)

(btw - none of these are 'capped' - I'm running win in a vmware session at
the moment, and I know why I hate outlook so much)...