Shift + Keypad Cursor keys

Matthew Clarke mj3clark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:38:00 UTC 2007

Hello, I've got an issue that been bugging me for a long time.  I
often cursor around documents using the keypad cursor keys.  However I
came across an unexpected behaviour when holding down the shift key to
select text using these cursor keys.  instead of extending the
selection, it enters the number of the corresponding key.  78888 <-
this is me trying to rapidly select this paragraph...  :)

this function works as expected when using the non-keypad cursor keys.

I prefer using the keypad cursor keys because it puts the
home/end/pgup/pgdown keys within easy reach of my digits (the fingery
kind)

cheers for any comments and extra cheers for a howto that will allow
me to regain this functionality pronto.

--
Matthew Clarke