Upgrades?

Matthew Clarke mj3clark at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 08:32:49 UTC 2007

I think you forgot to mention changing the repos before doing the apt-get
update...

it's best to reference the official upgrade docs(mentioned in a couple

something along these lines now:

sudo apt-get install update-manager-core
sudo do-release-upgrade

which is nice because I think it allows the user to avoid having to edit the
apt sources file.  nice!

Cheers,
MC

On 6/4/07, Jimmy Frydkær Jensen <thewolf40 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I made a spelling-error before. It's sudo apt-get update not updata
>
> 2007/6/4, Jimmy Frydkær Jensen <thewolf40 at gmail.com>:
> >
> > If you want to upgrade your Ubuntu 7.04 server when Gutsy 7.11 comes out
> > you simply use the following commands:
> >
> > sudo apt-get updata
> >
> > sudo apt-get upgrade
> >
> > sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
> >
> > But be adviced that this is a looooong process depending on your
> > connection-speed and the specs of your computer/server. The longest upgrade
> > I ever saw went on for 6½ hours so be patient.
> >

> --
> Jeg bruger Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn Herd

Matthew Clarke