Performing selective mail merge in Writer

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Mon Jun 4 05:14:04 UTC 2007

On 06/03/2007 04:04 AM, Gabriel Dragffy wrote:
> Hi
>
> Hope someone can help me, please.
>
> I have a MySQL database, which, thanks to NoOp, I have completely
> integrated into open office.
>
> The database contains company address details. However some should be
>  emailed while others sent snail mail. To overcome this there is a
> column named 'mail' which can be 'True' or 'False' - if a company has
> 'True' set then they should be sent snail mail.
>
> Getting all of the addresses out of the database that need to be sent
>  snail mail is very simple: SELECT * FROM database.table WHERE
> mail='True'
>
> The thing is if I do mail merge using Writer it will create letters
> for all the companies, including those that don't necessarily have
> addresses. Is it possible to get Writer to only do mail merge for
> companies that have 'mail' set to 'True'?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gabe

Assuming that you've registered the address source:

Tools|Mail Merge Wizard
Once you get to 3. Insert Address Block, use the 'Select Different
Address List' button. Select your address source and click the Filter
button. Filter on Field Name 'mail', Condition = true, etc. That will
filter only the mail=true data.