Connecting to MySQL using Open Office Base via ODBC...

NoOp glgxg at mfire.com
Mon Jun 4 00:58:47 UTC 2007

On 06/02/2007 07:46 PM, Gabriel Dragffy wrote:

> One thing I miss is the tango icon them used in the Ubuntu version - do
> you know how I put that in the original openoffice?

Yes. For a partial Tango theme you can use the Industrial Tango. It
provides most of the full Tango icons. In (O)OOo:
Tools|Options|OpenOffice.org|View|Icon size and style: change to Industrial.

For a full Tango theme in (O)OOo:

If you still have (U)OOo installed:
1. Copy images_tango.zip from
/usr/lib/openoffice/share/config/images_tango.zip to
/opt/openoffice.org2.2/share/config and
~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/
2. Now move images_industrial.zip out of
/opt/openoffice.org2.2/share/config and ~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/
3. Rename /usr/lib/openoffice/share/config/images_tango.zip to
images_industrial.zip and the same in ~/.openoffice.org2/user/config/
(O)OOo will now use the full Tango theme icons (it thinks it is using
Industrial Tango).

I'm sure that there are easier mv type commands that can do this in a
simpler manner.

If you do not have (U)OOo still intstalled:
- Go to: http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openoffice.org/
- Download openoffice.org-style-tango_2.2.0-1ubuntu3_all.deb
- From Nautilus File Browser; right click the downloaded file so that it
opens in the archive manager.  Double click on data.tar.gz. Double click
on the folder icon. Then usr, then lib, then openoffice, then share, and
finally config. There you will find images_tango.zip. Extract that and
then follow the 1-3 directions above.