Stage6 DIVX Streams on Feisty

Tony Brezovski invenit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 00:52:04 UTC 2007

Hi -

By modifying sagui's instructions at
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=432873&highlight=divx to work
with Kaffeine, I can now watch Divx streams with Ubuntu except for the
small matter of stream buffering. I use DSL (768k) for access and--even
with Kaffeine (which seems to work better for Divx on linux)--the video
halts for buffering every 20 seconds or so. Anybody know a workaround for
this? Divx buffering affects WinXP too, of course, but you can simply
press 'pause' until the stream downloads then watch the show. If I press
'pause' with Kaffeine, the download soon stops until 'play' is pressed.
Divx, BTW, is occasionally used to stream old tv shows, etc.