How to find out what packages are available?

Jan Sneep jan at azureservices.ca
Sat Jun 2 14:24:24 UTC 2007

[snip]

> $ apt-file search workers.properties
> libapache-mod-jk: etc/libapache-mod-jk/workers.properties
> libapache2-mod-jk: etc/libapache2-mod-jk/workers.properties
>

> sudo apt-get  install apt-file && sudo apt-file update
>
> apt-file search workers.properties

I did the;

sudo apt-get install apt-file

which seemed to work just fine ... and then I did;

sudo apt-file update

at which point it seemed to "hang", cursor moves down a line and just sits
there flashing at me .. no text, no indication of progress ... nadda ... :O(

I'm assuming that after a successful search I would do something like;

sudo apt-file install workers.properties

to actually install the file or get a copy of it?

Cheers,

Jan