Info regarding Ubuntu

Anthony Gardner cyclewood_ltd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 18:39:17 UTC 2007

Am I the only one to see that this is a joke?! I can;t believe how many people are replying with good advice for this.

It's from "DELL" He's a "TECH SUPPORT EXPERT". Obviously, the in-house training isn't up to scratch ;)

Obviously a M$ fanboy.

Tony <linux433 at comcast.net> wrote: Robin_Sharma at Dell.com wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I came to know about Ubuntu Operating System from the Internet and it
> looks very exciting to me.
>
> I would like to install this software on my system. Please guide me
> with this as I have few questions.
>
> I am using a Dell Notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium Installed
> on it.
>
> Can I install the Ubuntu on this notebook, along with Windows Vista?
>
> I want to know that Can I install Ubuntu  on my notebook along with
> Windows Vista. Can I use the Dual boot option thereby keeping both
> Windows Vista and Ubuntu.
>

> If it is possible please let me know the steps that I need to follow
> to complete this installation. I think that the boot loaders are
> different for Vista as well as Ubuntu.
>
> Also from where can I get the drivers for the Dell Notebook after
> installing the Ubuntu on it.
>
> Please reply back as soon as possible.
>
> Regards
>
> Robin Sharma
>
> Tech Support Expert
>
> Dell Computers

There are many guides on the Ubuntu Forums just do a search.

Read the documetation here..

https://help.ubuntu.com/

If you try a dual boot and have problems or config issues post back here
or the forum and someone will help you out.

Good luck