lomount frustration

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Fri Jun 1 05:41:01 UTC 2007

running on dapper.

I use lomount to mount partitioned disk images.  unfortunately, I can't find it
any more and no longer have the source.  only current copies of xen utilities
seem to have it but that carries with it a boatload of cruft (assuming one is
only interested in lomount).

I tried to use an alternative (vmware) process but no go.  no apparent way to go
from vmware disk to raw disk image.  if there is, no one is sharing. :-)

I could do without lomount if I could inject keystrokes into a qemu console or
(on windows) extract a raw image from vmware.  I'm also open to other, less
fragile methods of doing an partition, install, and overlay of install specific
data.[1]

I apologize for any crankiness leaking through.  not the best day I've ever had.
  thanks for any new info

--- eric

[I'm trying to automate IPCop flash.  the current shipped process is 'less than
ideal' and mine is better but not good enough as it requires qemu and a lot of
hand holding.