Fujitsu Digital Camera and Ubunto Edgy

Njoku, George O. njokug at winthrop.edu
Mon Jul 30 21:30:09 UTC 2007

You have a permission problem.

Run “Camera import” as root or sudo

Cheers

George

From: ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com [mailto:ubuntu-users-bounces at lists.ubuntu.com] On Behalf Of Lee Tambiah
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 5:27 PM
To: Ubuntu user technical support,not for general discussions
Subject: Re: Fujitsu Digital Camera and Ubunto Edgy

On 7/30/07, Master Cougar <master.cougar at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, I have a digital camera from Fujitsu and when I plug it in I get a window that opens saying
Camera Import
A camera has been detected
Ther are photos on the camera. Would you like to add these pictures to your album?

When I click on import photos I get the Import Photos windown however, instead of showing the camera module, it shows my Sensa e200, and I get the message
An error occurred in the io-library ('Could not claim the USB device'): Could not claim interface 0 (Operation not permitted). Make sure no other program or kernel module (such as sdc2xx, stv680, spca50x) is using the device and you have read/write access to the device.

I dont get it.

--
Marc de Puma
http://marcdepuma.blogspot.com

A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.
  - Daniel Webster

What is the Fujitsu's Model name?

Regards

Lee