Realtek HD Audio no sound (Ubuntu 7.04)

rupert apron aphexx0407 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:52:11 UTC 2007

Guys,

Is there anyone of you who had problems with Realtek HD Audio output running
under Ubuntu 7.04?
I'm using an on-board Realtek HD Audio on a MSI K9-Neo (MS-7260) mobo and I
am planning to install Ubuntu 7.04 on my system.
I ran first the Live CD and everthing seem to wrok well except that it
doesnt have any sounds. The sound adapter is detected though. Is it normal
to have no sounds when running only the Live CD? The chipset used by MSI
K9-Neo (MS-7260) is nVidia and not Intel.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thank you very much!