nvidia geforce 8400m g suppurt in 64 bit?

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 01:22:03 UTC 2007

On Saturday 28 July 2007 19:55:05 Tim Frost wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 12:34 +1000, James Takac wrote:
> > I only found out about that last night after my updates finished. However
> > my probs since the updates are now significantly compounded. Cannot mount
> > cd/dvd drive any more. cannot dload from repesotories as apt-get and
> > synaptic ask to isert the cd which cant be read while in ubuntu
>
> Edit /etc/apt/sources.list and delete (or comment out) the line
> referring to the CD. That line will start 'deb cdrom:'.  After that, you
> should be able to install packages from the network, without attempting
> to access the CD
>
> >  (works fine in vista (dual
> > booting) and boots fine from cd. cannot install deb packages. Been
> > googling for hours to fix these issues and got nowhere as of yet. Oh what
> > joy it can be LOL. and btw, 64 bit alt cd

Hi Tim

That worked for getting the repos working. However 2 many issues in the 64 bit
version of ubuntu. nvidia installer asks for lib6-dev to be installed but
it's not in the repos. Other progs in repos complain that depenencies are not
satifiable, etc. In short I've decided to go back to a 32 bit version though
I suspect I may end up with the cd issue again, i.e. unable to read it due to
it being on the third ide master. Luckily I have an external burner as well
that reads fine