beginner questions...

Anthony M Simonelli a.simonelli at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 28 20:19:50 UTC 2007

> 5. Different computers have different screen sizes and resolutions. I
> don't get this concept in linux. For example with gdesklets i seem to
> lose the installed desklets from 1280 when i start a computer with
> 1024. I pick them again, and when back on a comp with 1280, i have
> them twice...

This might be a stupid response, but could it be that you didn't really
lose them but that they're just off of the screen?  That happens to me
with desktop icons.  Then, when you switch back to 1280, you have two of
them because you thought they were gone and added them again when in
1024?

Maybe a Alt + F2 and run 'killall gdesklets' is in order.  Then try
starting them up again...