Older Computers

Markus Schönhaber ubuntu-users at schoenhaber.de
Sat Jul 28 16:27:15 UTC 2007

Pete Holsberg wrote:

> Markus Schönhaber keyed the following on 7/28/2007 12:01 PM:

>> One could not accept the EULA and try to get the price for the Windows
>> copy refunded, though.
> Really? How?

The EULA should give you information about that. Since I haven't done
this myself, I can't tell you more.
But searching for
windows refund
on Google provided
http://www.windowsrefund.org/
among a gazillion other hits.

>> But I don't understand why the requirement that a new machine must not
>> come bundled with Windows prevents you from testing the machine with the
>> Ubuntu Live CD.
> The mindset of a senior is, "Why would I dump a Microsoft product that I
> already have for an unknown quantity?"

That may be. But it still doesn't explain to me why it prevents you from
testing Ubuntu *before* you buy the machine.

Regards
   mks