maximizing gvim window: lower part hides below panel bar

Bram Kuijper a.l.w.kuijper at rug.nl
Fri Jul 27 21:43:34 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Whenever I maximize a gvim window, the lower part of the gvim window
will be hidden below the button bar of my gnome desktop. This is veeery
annoying, since you need the lowest line of the gvim window to type your
commands. I therefore always need to manually resize the gvim window
after maximizing it. This, in contrast to all other gui applications
(gnome or KDE), which all nicely respect the position of the gnome
desktop button bars on top and below on the desktop.

Is this a bug, or is there any chance to specify the maximal size of a
window?

cheers,
Bram