Skype for Linux

Niels L. Ellegaard niels.ellegaard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:12:56 UTC 2007

"Reijnen, Yaron" <Y.Reijnen at gelderlander.wegener.nl> writes:

>> would anyone know where I can find a .deb package of Skype version 1.3.0 ?
>> The latest version is very hard to install in ubuntu 6.06
>> Rein

The following site seems to give you skype 1.4 for Ubuntu Feisty. Did
you try to install this deb-file and fail? If so what did you do?
Which error messages did you get.

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/linux/

I am probably not able to help you, but in order for others to be able
to help you have to provide more detailed information.

> hard? just go to the skype site ? or try synaptic

I don't see how the suggestion of "try synaptic" is helpful. Does that
require a special entry in /etc/apt/sources.list ?