clock set ahead 4 hours on reboot

Jack Carter jjcarter68 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 05:20:05 UTC 2007

Thanks much Dave

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David B. Toth
  To: Ubuntu
  Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:56 AM
  Subject: Re: clock set ahead 4 hours on reboot

  At 04:30 AM 7/26/2007, Jack Carter wrote:

    I have a multiboot computer. 3 phyical hard drives. Ubuntu on one, Xandros on one, Windows XP on the other.

    I have always had this problem even after reinstalling. When in Ubuntu and I reboot to Windows the clock is ahead 4 hours. When rebooting from
    Ubuntu to windows I stop at setup and the clock is ahead 4 hours and I set it back then go to windows and its ok time wise. Going from Windows
    to Ubuntu it doesn't change. Its always done this and it does it every time.

  Here is the fix ...

  Make Linux use 'Local' time
  To make your Ubuntu system read the hardware clock as 'local'

    1.. edit /etc/default/rcS

    2.. add or change the following section
    3.. # Set UTC=yes if your system clock is set to UTC (GMT)

a.. UTC=no

    This is from the following URL:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuTime

    Dave