Server vs. Workstation

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Jul 25 12:21:53 UTC 2007

I'd like to install Ubuntu on some half-decent hardware and use it to
host some VMWare images for testing.  I wanted to use the Server install
because it should have a smaller footprint, but to help ease
administration it would be nice to have access to the graphical tools.

I know I'd get these by default with the workstation install.  Is there
a way to install these tools and just have them accessible by using a
separate computer and ssh with X-forwarding so the server would still be
run comfortably as a headless system?  What packages would I need to
install to do this?