Experience with Voip on Ubuntu?

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Wed Jul 25 02:58:52 UTC 2007

Matthew Carpenter wrote:
> VoicePulse does a great job for cheap for me.
> I'm doing Asterisk PBX to them, but they also host PBX services if you just
> want to have your phone connect directly to them...

     Let me ask a somewhat different question (knowing so little about
the details of telephony, but seeing lots of choices...)

     I'd like to make a distro that's Ubuntu+telecom.  Specifically one
that'll allow people ***easily*** to act as an operator for various
special causes that need volunteers.  I'm guessing they'd connect to the
organization's Asterix box for phone, and their website for entering
orders.  Customers/donors call an 800 number, and volunteers answer the
ring and take the order.

     Since you (and the other folks following this thread) seem to have
a good handle on telephony, how hard would this be to do?
  Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
  Evansville, IN                              http://Fahrlander.net/brian
  ICQ: 5119262                         AOL/Yahoo/GoogleTalk: WheelDweller